Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Oh Frabjous Day!

Hmm. I think my sister might've already used that title for a post. So much for originality.

I am rather overly pleased with myself. I finally broke my nearly month-long non-writing spell and wrote 1120 words today. It's not a lot, but it still meets (old) quota. And I'm just glad I'm back on the wagon, so to speak.

I also gave my writing portfolio to a producer/friend of mine, and although there's nothing on the horizon now, there'll hopefully be some in the future. It was a nice day to go out. And the mackerel nigiri at Shogun is the best I've tasted.

Then I was a bad girl and bought new boots at Nine West. I've had my old boots for at least four years, and I've already tailored and re-soled and repaired them, and on New Year's the zipper broke. So I descended upon the clearance rack at Nine West and grabbed a wicked pair for a great price. There's no pic on the Nine West site or I'd link to it. Peruse at your own shoe-addicted risk.

Then I went to 24-hour mini grocery, Rabba, and bought Danish feta cheese (along with some other things). Of all the things that the Danes make, why did I have to pick feta - a Greek cheese? No, it's not bad. I do prefer my feta much sharper, saltier and more briney, though. Y'know, like the Greeks make it.

And now I shall go watch one of the films I rented before I have to return it at midnight.

Next up, I'll be reading White Teeth by Zadie Smith. But not till I get five days of writing done. You'll be my witness.

1 comment:

Bob W. said...

JM,

I hope all is well with you, and that you are inching ever closer to having a completed novel ready for an agent to hawk to various publishing houses.

While I was deployed I finished reading the book Collapse by Jared Diamond, which I heartily endorse to you as a must read.

I am about 1/3 through Kite Runner, and thus far I have found the novel to be disturbing, yet riveting nonetheless.

I am going to try to get something published thgis year as well, and I will keep you informed on my progress.

In the meantime, I have updated both of my blogs, so please take a look when you have the chance. . .