Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Feelin' Groovy

Well, yes, it's a quarter to three in the morning, but I feel much better. The thought of having to write almost 4000 words a day was unsettling me, so I figured I'd give it a good try right away to see what it would feel like.

This evening's effort, combined with this afternoon's brings the grand total to 4587 words written today.

So hooray, it's possible!

Now I'm going to sleep!

If you're reading this at three in the morning, you should too.

*
The title of this post reminds me - anyone listened to the new Paul Simon record yet? Any opinions?

3 comments:

Mich said...

Holy typing machine, batman! 4587 words is incredible! Keep it going! You are so inspiring me to work on my university papers.

I know nothing about this new Paul Simon album, but I did buy the Pulp Fiction soundtrack the other day. Holds up very well 12 years after the movie.

Nadia said...

I heard a song that was clearly one of the new Paul Simon songs in a supermarket, and thought it might be worth getting that album. It sounded like... Paul Simon. Is he still married to Edie Brickell?

Also, do you have to write 4000 words a day? Couldn't your novel be shorter & denser than originally planned?

JuliaMazal said...

Well, I'm targeting a particular imprint, at least in theory, so I'm aiming for a specific word count. I don't think the first draft is going to be good enough or long enough for the imprint, but I'll worry about that after I type "FIN".

Also, I hope Paul Simon is still married to Edie Brickell. He seems so melancholy, so I hope they're together and happy.

Lastly - I can't believe it's been 12 years since Pulp Fiction!!!