Monday, June 05, 2006

Lost Parrot




I took this picture a while ago, but I don't think I posted it before. (Did I?)

There seem to be many dogs in L.A. and many bird stores.

*

I need a new book to read. Any suggestions? I was thinking of buying Larry McMurtry's biography of Crazy Horse, but I could be persuaded otherwise.

On a road trip with my family, I visited the site in South Dakota where a statue of Crazy Horse is being carved into a mountainside. I've been interested in his life ever since. The progress of that statue is fascinating too. The actual carving, the info building, and the proposed site for a university and museum are much more impressive in person than as a (unfortunately tacky) website, but worth checking out.

*

Wrote slightly over 1500 words today, but that's after a few days of not writing. However, to actually reach my goal of finishing by end of June now, I'll have to write almost 4000 words a day. On that note...

No comments: