Saturday, October 18, 2008

Annual Pottery and Glass Sale - 2008

The Pottery and Glass Sale used to take place at the CBC building on Front Street. This year it's being held at the CNIB on Bayview.

I bought my parents a really great wall-hanging by Bruce Jones one year. It is made of tiny earthenware cups and saucers all bunched together, somewhat like the pieces that are on his website (but which look much much better in real life).

Even if you don't think you like ceramics or glass, you will undoubtedly find something beautiful and unique. The sale is also perfectly timed for the early Christmas shopper. I'm looking forward to seeing Miguel Deras Zapata's works, because I really like his textured/glazed acorn-like bowls. (Not this acorn, this kind.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really want to go to this. Let's make a date! Huzzah! Ooooooo, speaking of Huzzah, and Bazaar, when is the next Hadassah Bazaar? It's this weekend! Let's get to it!!!!!!!

JuliaMazal said...

Let's go - you'd think the giant Jewish conspiracy would send me a mailing, but no. I miss the Hadassah every year! ;-)