Sunday, August 06, 2006

Back to Work, Please!



Saturn says:

Stop surfing, blogging, and watching CSI/Rodeo. Get back to work!

If you're wondering, "what's with your cat's face?" - she's a tortoise-shell.
Also known as "tortie". Here, you can learn about her genetic freakitude.

Her coloring is such that she appears to have two cream-coloured eyebrows which give her a look of perpetual worry. That's why I added the "please" in the title. She doesn't look very aggressive, does she?

And for all you dog people, yes, of course I love dogs too. One day I'll be mature enough to own one.

*

I am currently following the advice from chapter one of The First Five Pages: A Writer's Guide to Staying Out of the Rejection Pile. It's by Noah Lukeman. It has exercises at the end of each chapter to apply to your manuscript. I'll keep you posted.

*
Did you know some rodeo guys wear helmets instead of cowboy hats now? Ok, ok, going...

2 comments:

Elle Fredrix said...

Hi Julia

Glad you like my website. I had such a blast building it.

I'll post my thoughts on the critique service on eH. (hopefully they don't make me cry! ;o))

Good luck on finding a good CP. I found mine on eH's thread. It took some time but we're a great fit.

JuliaMazal said...

Thanks, Elle! I'm sure they'll be "constructive", if not outright complimentary! I'll keep looking for a CP, but the ms isn't quite ready to send out. I'm about half-way through my first pass revisions.

Thanks for stopping by!