Thursday, August 17, 2006

My Postcard from Melbourne!

I got my postcard! Ok, technically, I received it last Thursday, but (a) I had a guest staying with me and (b) I have no digital camera of my own, so I had to borrow one. It's taken me a week to post this. I'm very sorry.

I have to say, I love this postcard. I love that it's a real gritty little bit of Melbourne. And I really like the blogger's blog it's from too! It's from Ed at Tomato, an Australian food blog.





Hopefully one day I'll get myself to Melbourne and check out the bar that's hidden via this alleyway. Since it's called The Croft Institute, maybe I'll even dress inspired by Lara Croft. But without the shorts. Oh, shaddup, I heard that.

Thanks, Ed! This is a terrific photo-postcard, and it'll be up on my bulletin board. Happy blogging.

Hm. The only Toronto restaurant I can recommend to foodies right off the top of my head is Edward Levesque's Kitchen. I've only been there for brunch, but I'd have no qualms taking anyone there. The food and the service have never disappointed.

6 comments:

la femme said...

his writing looks wonderful.

Meeta K. Wolff said...

Great Julia! Glad the it arrived safely. Hope to see at the next BPW!

JuliaMazal said...

K & S - thank you for stopping by!

eurobrat - your blog is gorgeous, and I agree, i really like Ed's writing.

Thanks, Meeta! We owe it all to you. Meeta has several blogs - including one where she blogs what she puts in her son's lunchbox. Always creative and yummy-looking (the lunchbox, silly, I can't be so brazen about Meeta!)

Ed said...

Glad it arrived. It's only a short hop (via Hong Kong I should imagine) down here and there's plenty more alleyways like this one and many many cool restaurants and bars down them. I can't believe anyone likes my handwriting. I was harrassed all through school by teachers because they couldn't read it and spent years at lessons after school attempting to improve it. BTW aren't the tight shorts part of the idea of Lar Croft. Okay, I know, i should shut up on that one.

JuliaMazal said...

Ahem. It's the ATTITUDE of Croft I would try and convey, awright? I am the Anti-Shorts. But that's a whole other post.

Ed said...

I guess if it's the attitude you could turn up with a couple of Desert Eagles.