Sunday, May 21, 2006

Book: Where is the Mango Princess?

Went to Book Soup, a great little bookstore on the Sunset Strip. Maybe I've already blogged about it?

Bought Where is the Mango Princess?. I don't read the backs (synopses) of books, so all I know is what's on the front, which is that it's about recovering from brain injury. I'd seen it the last time I was in Book Soup, and I couldn't find the shelf it was on this time. When I asked the salesperson, she said, "oh yeah, it's one of my favourites", so I took that to be a good sign.
I'll let you know how it turns out.

Here is a review of the book from Psychology Today, which I haven't read.

I've been shopping way too much. I think spending money gives me a false sense of control. In reality, it's just the thrill of choosing to spend money when I could as easily CHOOSE books from the condo library.

So it goes. (<-- a saying I picked up in my Vonnegut phase.

Haven't done any writing today, so I guess that's next...

2 comments:

tyroscribe said...

Why don't you read the backs of books?

JuliaMazal said...

I will devote a whole blog entry to that excellent question.