Monday, May 22, 2006

Happy Birthday to my Sister!

I wish I had some really exciting picture for you, but I don't. I'll try to find one soon.

She's 10 hours ahead of me, so her birthday is practically over in Jerusalem, but hey, it's still birthday over here!
Par-teeeee!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

*
A bit of Danny Kaye from the film, The Inspector General for my sister.

(I can't remember if this is the clip you were looking for or not.)


What does an inspector general do?
Inspect generals?

No.

An Inspector General
Generally inspects
That is,
They expect him to inspect
Generally
If they’re expecting an Inspector General

But,
An exceptionally generous Inspector General
Who made an exception and had no inspection
Would cause suspicion which in my condition
I couldn’t accept - Thank you

However,
If people unsuspecting
Now accept without detecting
An imposter who’s not posted as a pedigreed Inspector
Could this palpable imposter say a gypsy or a Koster*
Could he possibly get past them by his posture?

In two words:
Unlikely.


* - the director of the film was Henry Koster, and I suspect that this is what Kaye is actually saying. Initially, I couldn't figure out what a "costa" was in context, but I think it's an inside joke by Kaye or the writer.

4 comments:

CarrieB said...

so happy birthday to your sister! yeepeee! ;-)
every opportunity is good to have a party in France, so today I say that's because of your sister's birthday, and that's all, even if I don't know anything about her...no I'm not drunk, just french!

JuliaMazal said...

Merci!

Je vais lire votre 'blog', mais ca peut prendre beaucoups de temps, parce-ce que ma francais est tres... mmm... simple?

J'adore la France! Merci pour votre visit chez ma blog et pours les jolies sentiments! Je vais laisser une note chez votre blog aussi!

Mich said...

Thank you thank you thank you!!! :-) You're my favourite sister. But you knew that, no?

JuliaMazal said...

I've been vying for "favourite", so I'm glad I've succeeded! ;-)